Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My Satellite Radio Saga III aka Is This Ever Going To End?

I woke up and it was rainy and windy. Typical Sacramento winter weather. I've decided against lugging the heavy and bulky boombox to work with me even though I had already grew fond of it after playing with it for one night. And thus my quest continued.

I returned to Good Guys again after work, even though they had given me such wonderful customer services the first time. I remembered seeing this smaller set up there that might work for my purpose.

This time round the first JERK that helped me and knew utterly NOTHING about the product was NOT there. Thanks God (figuratively speaking)! Another guy was made to help me. Made because some guy that looked like Mr. KFC was standing by the door and immediately asked me what I need when I was trying to figure out whether to turn left or right upon entering the store.

Well, this second guy knew ever so slightly more than the first guy BUT he was listening to me.

This is the product I returned to look at, where Guy A (guy who helped me the OTHER day) said he thinks I can plug a headphone in. Note the think part. Have I mentioned that he kept telling me that he did not know the answer to my questions BUT he'd go ask someone else but never did? Instead he just stood there and sort of wait for me to, like, um, leave?


My question was whether I can plug a headphone in for work. He kept trying to explain the concept of a RCA cable and a boombox to me. He even kindly pointed out to me what a boombox looks like. I guess I should appreciate that fact that he didn't try to speak LOUDLY and SLOWLY to me like I can't understand English.

Except that my question was whether it can be connected to a boombox via RCA (Thanks God Robert at Best Buy has already prepped me on what RCA cable is. Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you.) He wasn't answering MY question of whether the product can do what I want it to do. I am not lugging a BOOMBOX to work. I might as well just go for the one I bought at Best Buy.


Then we discovered the Sirius receiver and tuner combo:


Which was half the size and weight of the XM Boombox that I purchased a day prior. Allow me to add that THIS was sitting there THE WHOLE TIME. Had Mr. I-don't-know-crap pointed it out to me the first time I was there, I would have saved much gas driving all over town.

Then, you guessed it. They are out of the tuner for Sirius and it would take them two weeks to get new order in. Mind you he wasn't particularly eager to offer trying to locate or order one for me. So I had to settle for the XM receiver and turner for XM instead:


The tuner for XM.

***
Countdown: 36 Days, 865 Hours.