Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, October 15, 2004

A Woman Needs a Man like...?

One of my many (few?) hobbies is to nab interest pictures from the internet - pretty ones, funny ones, cute ones. And I absolutely love to turn news article into pdf for keepsake. :D (Not everything I read, just some of them.) For the most part I just keep them on my harddrive. It's a collector's mentality -- it makes me happy just knowing that I can go back and look at them whenever, though I really do. I've lost an entire batch of pictures that I've spent days to download one time, and I am still sad over that. :~(

Here's one that I've nabbed from This Fish Needs a Bicycle:



Upon further research, I've learned this time term was coined by Irina Dunn , a distinguished Australian educator, journalist and politician, back in 1970 paraphrasing a philosopher "A man needs God like a fish needs a bicycle." (Source: The Fish and Bicycle Page) Hehehe, that would make a very good slogan for an atheist group. :) My roommate J was making fun of me that by having "atheist meet," we are turning atheism into an organized religion. I suppose it is in a sense, depending on how you look at it. But then again, by his definition, any gatherings can essentially be called a "religion": book club, knitting club, alchohol anonymous...

***
Countdown: 40 days, 962 hours