Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Twilight Zone Collection

When I was still a kid back in Hong Kong, there was only four TV channels. They belonged to two competing TV companies, each having a Chinese and an English channels. Needless to say, there are subtitles on the English channels. Twilight zone used to be played at 11 PM (2300 hours) on Sunday night and I'd always wait up to watch my Twilight Zone. :)

The only episode that I remember now is "Button." The reason I remembered it was because I told the story to a friend and she loved it and asked me to tell her more. But I could never come up with one that had a same impact.

After some researching, I finally bought The Twilight Zone Collection 1 today:



In case you are curious, this particular collection includes:

Volume 1:
Night of the Meek
The Invaders
Nothing in the Dark


Volume 2:
Time Enough at Last
The Monsters are DUe on Maple Street
Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
The Odyssey of Flight 33


Volume 3:
Steel
A Game of Pool
Walking Distance
Kick the Can


Volume 4:
Mr. Dingle, the Strong
Two
A Passage for Trumpet
The Four of Us Are Dying


Volume 5:
Long Distance Call
I Sing the Body Electric
The Lonely
Probe 7 - Over and Out


Volume 6:
The Passersby
The Grave
Deaths-Head Revisited
The Last Rites of Jef Myrtlebank


Volume 7:
Perchance to Dream
The Hitch-Hiker
King Nine Will Not Return
Shadow Play


Volume 8:
Third from the Sun
The Shelter
To Serve Man
The Fugitive


Volume 9:
Nick of Time
The Prime Mover
It's a Good Life
The Mind and the Matter


If you are contemplating adding this to your collection. I suggest checking out your local Walmart first (not their online store). I bought this set for a whopping $44. It goes for an average of $78 anywhere else. But the one I sent to only has Collection 1. I am not sure if other ones will have the rest. So far there's 5 collection sets. The episodes are obviously NOT in any chronological orders, unfortunately. Some say Collection 1 through 3 arguably have all the good episodes. Seeing how I haven't even started watching the first episode, I really couldn't comment on that.

***
The name of the last episode reminded me of a joke this guy at work used to say:

"Mind over Matter" = "They don't mind and you don't matter." ^_^

***
35 Days, 841 Hours