Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

My Satellite Radio Saga IV aka The Finale, I Hope

Was that XM receiver + tuner combo the end of my quest? No! Don't you WISH sometimes life could be that simple?

I brought the combo home. Hook it up. Thanks God (figuratively speaking again) the XM guys didn't give me any hassle for switching the service between devices. (Maybe there IS a God out there?) Then turned it on, and then what?

The tuner made this horrible hollow, windy echo noises the minute I turned it on like a cheap boombox WOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo. Even when I mute it. The instructions said I had to leave the receiver on for an hour or two to get all the stations. But I could not BEAR listening to that hollow echo for an hour or two so... you guessed it. It's back to Good Guys I go again.

Thanks God, again, I was able to exchange the boombox without too much ado. I am not sure how much I can handle this before snapping. So all in all, after 5 days, $199 for receiver + turner + $10 activation fee + $9.99 monthly subscription, I now can have satellite radio for work.

Have I mentioned that the quality is less than superb because my window faces West instead of South?

***
Countdown: 35 Days, 841 Hours.