Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Indispensable?

So I was talking to my new coworker (now former coworker, the beauty of temp jobs) T. She told me about this horrible woman that she used to work with whom believed that she could treat people in a nasty manner (?) because she was "indispensable." Ugh. What a concept. Here's a crude awakening for you, and all other mean and nasty people at any work place (unless, of course, if you are with an union and your employer practically can't fire you), there is no such thing as an indispensable employee. Here's a very simple test to find out if you are indispensable: imagine if you get hit by a bus and died tomorrow. If the company you are working for is not going to come to a grinding halt and ultimate die a horrible death, you are fairly dispensable.

***
Countdown: - 3 Days 1 Hour 49 Minutes