Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Is This Ever Going to End?

After spending a total of close to 3 hours (3 separate times) with customer service of Cingular Wireless/AT&T, it was decided that it wasn't a case of identity theft afterall. It was a "migration error." Evidently the clerk who was responsible mistyped not one but TWO digits of the person's SSN# and conveniently re-activated my account from over a year ago and put all her charges under my info. Well, all things considered I guess I'd much rather it be a clerical error than identity theft. It's too bad they can't offer me some kind of store/service credit for my precious three hours. I didn't even lose my temper at their reps (not that it's their faults or anything).

Well, now that THAT was cleared up, we got a bill from our apartment from San Diego. A bill that shouldn't even exist because hubby was on deployment. And the bill was for, you guessed it, $10,000,679. Yes, that's $10 million and six hundred seven-nine dollar. I didn't remember burning down the apartment building prior to moving out. (That is, of course, another clerical error. Just kinda comical that they all came in at the same time.)