Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, December 06, 2004

The Origin of "My Life is Now Complete"

When I was attending junior college (Foothill College) I worked part time in a local, mom and pop type pharmacy. It was a nice, small, homely, and clutter place. I'd imagine it having a hard time surviving with all the chain drug store, but it had it's own built in clientelle. Even though it's spaces was limited, but every once in a while they'd carry some strange products that you are not going to find at Long's Drugs, or any other chain stores. And they also take special orders.

One day a young girl came in looking for "coca cola syrup." To date I have yet to figure out what you use that for. But she jumped up and down in joy when I pulled it from the shelf, dusted it off (without her seeing, of course) and handed it to her, saying, "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, my life is now complete." And everybody in the store started laughing at the sheer, innocent, youthful energy and happiness. I've since picked up the phrase, "My life is now complete" or "this will complete my life". :D For some odd reasons, hubby is very good at determining whether something will truly complete my life or not. :)

So I met this acquaintance one day. And not knowing my personality, she was SHOCKED (what an uptight woman!!) when I said, "my life is now complete."

"Why do you aim so low in life?" She asked in horror.

Little does she know, tomorrow and the day after and the day after and the day after and.... I'll find something else that will, once again, complete my life. :D