Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, December 06, 2004

The Next Phase of My Life

The hubby was back after a one week delay. But given our current situation, as long as he can be discharged by the original planned date, I am not complaining. With his return we are entering my next phase in life -- life as a wife to a civilian as opposed to a military personnel. Granted, him doing shore duty for so long, I never really felt like a traditional military wife.

With the next phase of life comes job hunting, on his part. Once that is settled, then my part, preferrably my next career is going to be a housewife. Hehe.

Two events mark the beginning stage of my next phase in life: identity theft (me being the victim) and the death of my laptop. Yup. Fun. Identity theft is one of those things that you heard about everyday but never thought could happen to you, until the day it happens. And it did. Somebody opened up an AT&T Wireless cell phone account with all my information -- my name, my address, my phone number, my social security number AND my date of birth and I don't even want to know what else. Wasn't the brightest thing to do. I AM going to see the bill after a month (I guess same thing with stolen credit card info) AND I have a list of numbers that he or she called, which I am not sure what I can do with just yet. I am still at the phase of trying to sort it all out with AT&T. I'll find out more info once I get hold of their fraud department. I would like to pursue this issue to the full extend of the law, whatever that maybe. The good news was perhaps the culprit did not have my credit card information, last I checked my credit was still okay, but God knows how long that'd last.

And for the laptop, hubby and I are actively shopping for a replacement. :) I want another Sony Vaio!! I am SO spoiled!! :D