Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

More Events That Marks the Next Phase of My Life

Well, remember in a blog entry from some six months or so ago (of course you'd all remember :P), I said there are days when everything can go wrong will go wrong? Usually start with something small in the morning then starts cascading downward? Well, I had one of those days yesterday.

Let's see. Checked out of the motel way early to take my husband to base (we are back in San Diego to finish checking him out of the Navy and to drive our second car with all our remainder stuff home), which was mistake number one. Should have kept the motel room till actual check out time. After dropping him off at 8:30 AM, I have nowhere to go and nothing to do. I wanted to go to an internet cafe but didn't want to sit in there for three hours. I got breakfast and drove around and killed an hour before I go to the cafe. Spent $2.50, about all the cash on me, to get a cup of hot chocolate so I can sit there and use their internet. I must have turned the laptop on and off some 4-5 times prior to arriving at the cafe, and it booted up fine everytime except that last time. And that's when I knew it was going to be a bad day. I tried the trick that he has been using -- flip the laptop upside down and tapped the harddrive. It, of course, failed on a bad day.

I finished off my hot chocolate (all nutrient free calories, great) and hopped back into the car. The only place I have to go is back to the base. Sat there and bored my mind out because I have no laptop. I brought a few books with me but they were in my backpack and low and behold the left back door of my car wouldn't open. Surprise!!

And that's NOT the end of it. To top it all, after picking up the hubby, the driver side window wouldn't roll up all the way!! We had to drive with an open window from San Diego to Irvine (where we had our hotel booked), drop it off a dealer and pick up a rental.

See what I meant by everything that can go wrong will go wrong? I guess the saving grace was it all happened around noon time so it's bright outside AND we saw the sun for the first time so we were at least able to drive to Irvine. Had the heater blasting on me though. :D

Hopefully my car will be ready today. :) I want some REAL Chinese food from Alhambra. :D