Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Intertwined Fates

So we've gone out fooding a lot during our stay in Seattle. It's kinda my hobby, to look for good Chinese (or any other kind of Asian) restaurants. Hubby actually eats the fortune cookies, even the ones that are not individually wrapped. EEEwwwwww. So when the fortune cookies came, he'd snatch one up right away. By the third meal (it took a couple of years to build up the White hubby's tolerance for multiple Asian meals in a row, by the way) I started complaining how he'd chose the fate for me, as in the remaining cookie of the two. I successfully guilted him into letting me pick my cookie first. :D (On a different note: fortune cookies do NOT, I repeat, do NOT exist in Asia. It's an American adaptation. Neither do we have those cutsey white to go boxes. Or the so-called chopstick font. I hate the chopstick font. I find them offensive as an Asian...)

In all honesty, why does it matter who get which cookie between a married couple? Our fates are intertwined. If it says "relocation in the future," both of us will relocate. If it says "wealth is coming your way," (which happen to be what one of them said :) it's wealth to the BOTH of us. Unless, of course, you are one of those couples who really want to kill each other. In which case, I have no idea why you two are sitting down and dining together... Chinese no less.

I've read a book a long time ago, it said how when you love a person, you don't just adopt his/her present and future, you also adopt his/her past. Hubby doesn't have a lot in the past department. Let's just hope that there won't be a kid that he never know about popping up one day. :D That said, I sure hope he'd have a good future. Move us to Seattle, buy a nice house... My life would be complete, again. :D