Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year Day

It's New Year's Day! (Well, technically speaking, it's already the second day of 2005.) It's a new page! It's a clean slate!! I finally get around to blogging again!! I couldn't even remember when was the last time I logged onto Blogger. It's really hard to blog when one is on the road, constantly being surrounded by others, AND lost her laptop to a horrific death.

Hubby has been back for almost a month now, and we've spent almost the entire month travelling. Hubby returned from deployment on a Friday, and by Sunday we were already on our way down to San Diego. After last year's San Diego fiasco, hubby and I were no longer stranger of this kind of last minute rushed schedule. January of last year (2004), hubby and I decided to take a trip to Hong Kong before he relocated to San Diego. The original plan was that he'd go alone and I'd stay in Sacramento. Since I was crying my eyeballs out we decided that I was to move down with him. :)) We made that rash decision about a week before departure to HK. We drove down to San Diego a day or two after the said decision to arrange for an apartment in San Diego. We had about a week's time after our return to recover from jet lag AND to move to San Diego.

Back to the present timeline. We left on the Sunday after hubby's return to San Diego and Irvine. Spent 7 days there. Then on our drive back hubby called mom on his cell phone and decided that we'd go to Montana for Christmas. Somehow it seems that our lives are made up of a series of impulsive decisions. We decided one weekend to go and get married at Tahoe. (We did rent a cabin and it was snowing and it was very romantic even though we didn't have a $30,000 wedding. =) We decided to buy a house together (and this was way before we got married or even talked about getting married, mind you) because we took a trip to San Diego and hubby saw a bill board that advertised low interest rate and said, "Let's buy a house." It'd be unwise for me to turn down the proposition at the time. Afterall, had things not worked out between us, I'd still owe half a house. LOL.

We spent a couple days housecleaning after returning from San Diego then it was prep time to Montana. Two days of drive and five days of Montana. (Christmas in Montana was nice. You know what's even better than a White hubby? Answer: White in-laws. But that discussion belongs to a separate entry.) A day prior to departure from Montana, I said to hubby, "Boy, I wish we could move to Seattle." Immediately, hubby decided to call up a company in Seattle that he had spoke with in San Diego to see if he can schedule a second interview with them. He was able to get hold of the guy by 8 AM the next morning and guy said, "C'mon down." And by 10:30 AM we were on our way to Seattle from Montana. Spontaneous, remember? Without spontaneity our lives would be so boring.

After the interview we decided to stay an extra day to do the "tourisy thing" -- dining at China town for me and house shopping for hubby. In addition, we've also took a side trip to Ikea, Seattle.

We finally arrived home at 2045 hours (8:45 PM) on December 31, 2004. Boy, and I thought I was ready to go home after San Diego.

Now that we are back, I can once again confiscate hubby's laptop and calls it my own and abuse it to death. =)