Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Bizarre Company Policies

One advantage (?) of having many, many temp jobs was that I have also read many, many different company policies. And quite frankly, each one just gets progressively more bizarre than the last. It's amazing how what you think of as common sense is not so common sense after all. What is wrong with this society?

Dress Code in Company #1 (not too bizarre)

After all the basics are covered, it threw in this last blanket one that says to not wear anything to work that you'd wear to a trendy bar. Okay, I guess that's a blanket coverage for styles that are beyond your wildest imagination.

Code at Company #2:

"Please leave your weapons at home."

Dress Code at Company #3:

"Undergarments are required."

I don't even want to know how #3 came by...