Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Feminine Hubby and The Existence of a Male Figure in Childhood

About a year ago (can you believe that this blog has already survived for more than a year?) I wrote an entry about how Hubby is very in touch of his feminine side. Well, there's been some more development. No, he did not become more feminine, nor did he come out of the closet, thank you. He attributed his feminity to the lack of a male figure in childhood. He was brought up by his mother alone, after a tragic accident claimed the life of his father.

Well, from his wife's point of view, I am not experiencing any downside from the effect of the lack of a male figure from his childhood. From everything that I've read and heard (mainly on "best of craigslist" and not just the Hollywood depiction), Hubby doesn't possess any of those common issues that women gripe about their men, or just men in general. Communication is not his weakest suite -- he is perfectly capable of expressing his thoughts and feelings and listening to mine. He enjoys canoodling. He goes shopping with me, sometimes more willing than others. He has no qualms about sharing housework. He is naturally sweet and sensitive... and the list goes on.

So judging from my own experience, and what I read about others, I can't help but wonder perhaps it's better if boys are raised with out a male figure in life to mess them up. :D