Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, April 01, 2005

Blogs and Bills

When I was a kid, I went through a phase of marking the bills that comes through me in order to see if I'll ever get the same bill again. Well, much like any other bizarre idea in my life, this one was short-lived too. For whatever time period it was that I've marked all the bills that had came through me, no, I've never seen one of them twice. On hindsight, consider the sheer number of bills in circulation, one can be doing it for years without seeing one again, or a life time for that matter.

On a quick search on the internet, you can now track your bills through http://www.wheresgeorge.com. You can enter the denomination and serial number of your bills and see where they'll end up, or where they had been. Talking about the digital age. Of course, now that I have this "disease," I consider all money to be "dirty" (as in germ covered), I'll never dig out a bill at home unless I absolutely have to, let alone entering them into the computer. This will forever be a thing of the past.

But advertising for Wheresgeorge.com was not the purpose of this entry. I was going to talk about the list of blogs on blogger.com. You know those that shows you the latest updated blogs? I use to browse through them from time to time when I got too bored at work (this is, of course, back in the good old days when I still have a JOB). On the occasions that I've read something of interest but forgot to make a note of it, most of the time I'll never be able to find the same blog again. To accidentally run into the same blog twice is about as difficult as acquiring the same bill twice. :~(