Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, August 20, 2004

Memoirs of the Geisha

Wow, so they are FINALLY going to start on the process of turning Arthur Goldberg's novel "Memoirs of the Geisha" into a movie after the much awaited talk.

So let me understand this: This is going to be a movie based on a novel written by an American author based in old days (non modern) Japan produced and directed by two Americans and the two led roles played by two Chinese actors speaking English. Ughhhhhhhhh......

'Memoirs' finds its 'Geisha'

Not that I don't absolutely LOVE Steven Spielberg's work, but I am a little leery about how Kyoto will look like. The "Shaolin" scene in Kill Bill vol. 2 had left a bad taste in my mouth...