Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Movie: Open Water

Do NOT read on if you don't want to know the ending of this movie. I WILL divulge the ending of the movie somewhere in my ranting and raving.

At first I thought this is yet another one of those monster flicks (my fav :) that involves sharks. Well, I was wrong. It's a movie about two divers left behind in the middle of the, you guessed it, open water. The movie itself was decent. What I didn't understand was the "based on a true story" part at the beginning. Is it even necessary that it's based on a true story? Obviously none of the two person lived to tell the story, so how much truth is there to a true story? By that definition, almost any movies can be based on a true story, with the exception of perhaps Jurassic Park I, II, III and Alien v. Predator. I guess the true part was when the found the camera in the shark's stomach...

Hubby thought the movie was very disturbing. Hubby said we'll never go diving in this life time (not that we were planning on doing that prior to watching the movie).

Tonight's special: Frankenfish. :))