Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year's Wish List II - Laptop

I really, REALLY want a new laptop to replace my dead one. I guess technically speaking we really don't need two laptops between the hubby and I, except when we are on the road then our laptop will mysteriously turn into his laptop. Okay, I should give him some credits, he is VERY willing to share HIS laptop AFTER he goes to bed... Okay, for real this time, for nerds like us, laptops are personal items much like a toothbrush or a razor. You just don't share certain items...

I am debating between the Sony Vaio s260:



I absolutely LOVE that 13.1" wide screen with Sony's new XBRITE technology. Although in all honesty, a 12.1" screen is about the prefect size screen for a laptop. The Sony Vaio T series which as a 10.1" screen is cute too, but the resolution is too high for the screen size and the display is just too small. :~( Not to mention it cost over US$2,000...

and a Gateway M210, affectionly known as Gateway 3520 at Bestbuy:



14.1" screen, but you really get a lot for the price -- a whopping $1,099.

Dilemma. Dilemma.