Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, January 07, 2005

Movie: Wicker Park

Recommended. It's different. Not one of your mainstream Hollywood movies where the focus are big explosions and other special effects. Hubby's comment at the beginning of the movie: weird. Hubby's comment at the beginning Little Black Book: predictable. Hubby is a very hard man to please when it comes to movies. ;P

Interestingly enough, I've seen the trailer of this movie, and it misled me to think that it's more of a suspense type of movie, but it was not. I suppose I prefer trailers to not tell the entire story in 3 minutes (kinda like how men find lingerie more enticing than an entirely naked woman!). The whole movie was like a jigsaw puzzle of time line. Ultimately the audiences were presented with all the events that took place, but not in the chronological orders. Events were therefore unfolded one after another, eventually all tying back up together. I thought the major event that unsolved all the mysterious could be revealed a tad later to keep the audience in the dark for longer, but that I guess it could potentially mess up all the small pieces and the movie will fall apart. Luckily I am not producing movies. I leave that up to the professionals. As far as critique goes, anyone can do that. ^_^