Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Seattle. Love.

I love Seattle. I didn't think I'd ever say that. I've never really loved a place before. It seemed that every place I've lived at before was purely by chance. Born in Ann Arbor, MI. I figured at some point in my life I've been to Illinois cause my mother died there. Then my sperm-donor decided to toss me to Hong Kong. I returned to Palo Alto, California for my schooling and lived in a few other cities in the bay area. Lived in Davis, CA when I went to school at UCD. Then naturally moved to Sacramento after graduation cause rent was cheaper in Sac than in Davis. Finally got a chance to move to San Diego with my hubby because he was transferred there... I've never consciously chose a city where I want to live. And I never thought Seattle would be the place of my choice.

I've been there a couple of times before. It just looked like San Francisco to me -- the ocean, the buildings in downtown area, Chinatown. In fact, I'd imagine myself choosing San Diego over anywhere else, with the rain and such at Seattle. I never felt an attachment to San Diego for some reason. Whether it was the knowledge that the stay was only meant to be temporary or that we'd never (almost never, since you should never say never) be able to afford a house there. And for a girl who had been abandoned by her sperm-donor, a home IS the single most important thing to me. Home with a great hubby, that is. :)

Seattle. It just popped into my mind about Seattle when we were in Montana. Granted, hubby ran into job opportunities there by chance. I don't know what it was, as soon as we drove into it's vicinity, I knew it was the place I wanted to live. Funny thing, despite the fact that house-shopping is hubby's hobby, we've never found a house that we fell in love with in Sacramento. We found that said house in one day, in Seattle. Both of us simultaneously turned to each other and said, "this is it." And almost couldn't wait to get onto the wait list, before we even moved there. That must be destiny, if there is such a thing.

That said, let's hope it all works out so we can relocate to Seattle, Washington. :)